Frequently asked questions you may have about Triumph ERP Software for your business
Triumph ERP customers range in size from single store operators to large publicly listed national and international organisations. From 1 to 100 users, Triumph ERP is designed to grow with your needs. The comprehensive nature of Triumph ERP, with over 36 functional business modules, makes it appealing to a wide range of industries including retailers, wholesaler and distribution, manufacturers, mining, food services, transport and logistics, mining, import and export, engineering and construction, health and medical, professional practices, not-for-profits and agriculture.
Triumph ERP is specifically designed for businesses that have grown past their current software package and now rely on an employed workforce rather than being owner operated and managed. Entry level accounting packages often see companies working off numerous spreadsheets to reconcile inventory, manual systems to control orders and processes, have a lack of control and real management information, and slow response times.
Triumph ERP is modular in design allowing you to fully integrate different business functions as your business grows. You simply start off with the Standard Base Pack modules, including General Ledger, Debtors, Creditors, Inventory, Bank Reconciliation and EFT Payments then simply add one or more of the remaining fully integrated 36 Triumph ERP modules that is relevant to your business needs. All modules totally integrate to allow you to manage every aspect of your business, but is still simple and intuitive to use.
Real time date-based postings to all ledgers will provide you with a complete and accurate picture of your financial transactions at all times. With minimal clicks, you can easily access a complete client data base, find a quote, produce a sales order, pull stock and email an invoice and this is just the start.
With Triumph ERP, you have asset management, comprehensive sales-order, purchase-order and job costing processing cycles, with integrated inventory, providing complete consolidated management reporting of all the company processes. Triumph ERP is a cost effective entry level ERP software system to manage all your business processes either on Cloud or On Premise.
This list highlights some of the difference you’d expect to find with Triumph ERP fully integrated software system:
- Inventory control – the ability to manage inventory levels in a business that has open customer orders and back-orders, open purchase orders with suppliers, fluctuating levels of demand, and variable lead times by product / supplier.
- Business Processes – the level of functionality supports complex business processes rather than just recording accounting entries. Back to back ordering is a case in point. Automatic purchasing can be generated from sales orders, point of sale, stock transfers and inventory reorder reports.
- Multiple Stores and Warehouses – allow you to control stock movements, goods in transit, inquire on stock holdings and get consolidated reports at the push of a button.
- Transaction Volumes – Triumph ERP has been designed for bigger multi-user environments where large databases and high volumes of transaction do not slow the system down a great deal, regardless of how many people are logged on.
- Data Security – in larger organisations it is important to have strong security restrictions and auditing controls. You don’t want any employee changing transactions after they’ve been entered and printed.
- Fully Integrated – all Triumph ERP’s business modules fully integrate with each other when plugged in, including Point of Sale and multi branch/stores.
- Multiple Divisions – running multiple divisions through a single database/company has some real advantages (being able to share information, allocation of expenses, automatic inter-division loans, consolidated reporting etc.). Being able to restrict user access to a nominated division is also an important security aspect.
- Job Costing – for those that require it true job costing is essential. Perpetual WIP, job budgeting, job quoting, ongoing jobs, internal jobs, flexible cost plus margin rules, purchase commitments, selective invoicing, income in advance, bill of material link, detailed reporting and grouping. These are just a few of Triumph ERP’s Job Costing features.
- Depth of Features – expect to see many more features in all business modules. This includes Point of Sale, Sales Order Processing, General Ledger, Sales Analysis and Debtors. Debtors features include; Settlement Discounts, Retention, Parent/Children Accounts, Sales Alerts, Delivery Addresses, Multiple Control Accounts, Financial Charges and more.
Our product range includes powerful comprehensive solutions that fully integrate with each other. The core of each product is made up of discrete business modules that can be purchased individually or as a set:
- Core Financial Business Management Suite – control all business aspects related to customers, suppliers, inventory and general accounting; including single or multi branch operations.
- Job Costing /Quoting Manager – from multi-million dollar projects to small service jobs, Triumph ERP provides comprehensive costing information to make confident business decisions.
- Retail Management Suite – B2B or B2C single or multi store retail solution designed to use the latest technology for fast efficient processing. Lookup stock figures at any store and request stock transfers from a warehouse, or online retail for both B2B and B2C
- Fixed Assets Manager – track, depreciate, revalue, dispose, transfer, split, join, stock take and manage your valuable assets.
- Business Intelligence– Successfully manage your company with access to in-depth, real-time data to help you improve decision making and understanding your company’s true profitability.
- Mobile & Web Technologies– Paperless Picking, Inventory management Scanning, Stocktake Scanning, Stock Requisitions, Mobile Sales & Ordering, B2B and B2C E-Commerce
- E-Commerce– Triumph ERP allows you to use your company database as the engine room of your business.
- Information Intelligence – gain access to in-depth, real-time data to help you improve decision making and understand your company’s true profitability.
Yes. Due to the required level of business functionality it may be advisable to have a free personal demonstration first. Just click on our Contact page and we’ll organise a representative of Triumph ERP and set up at time to discuss your needs and to set up a time to do a full demonstration of Triumph ERP.
Yes. Depending on your location one of our Triumph Accredited Partners will happily give you a free no obligation demonstration of the Triumph ERP package.
Triumph is an Australian enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solution that will help their business grow. Triumph ERP has a comprehensive suite of 36 modules that are totally integrated to allow them to manage every aspect of their business, but still simple and intuitive to use.
It offers real time date-based postings to all ledgers to provide a complete and accurate picture of their financial transactions at all times. With minimal clicks, they can easily access a complete client data base, find a quote, produce a sales order, pull stock and email an invoice and this is just the start. With Triumph ERP, they have asset management, comprehensive sales-order, purchase-order and job costing processing cycles, with integrated inventory, providing complete consolidated management reporting of all the company processes.
Triumph has been supporting small to large businesses with wide and diverse business requirements for over 30 years and fully understands the requirements of daily business and the problems faced. Triumph uses advanced technology whilst remaining extremely flexible and easy to use, implement, maintain and support.
Triumph is a cost effective entry level ERP software system to manage all your business processes either on Cloud or On Premise.
- Value for money for performance – comprehensive functionality and performance at a realistic price.
- Supports and develops business growth – scalable multi store operations from 1 to 100 users.
- User orientated – easy to operate, with practical and sensible features.
- Listen and deliver to customers – enhancements based on customer requests and feedback.
- 36 completely integrated Triumph business modules – enabling consistent and broader business process functionality.
- Excellent local support – with authorised and trained partners throughout Australia.
Triumph ERP software is sold and supported exclusively from fully trained and Accredited Partners. Our Accredited Partners are the key to outstanding and responsive service. We appoint only organisations that meet strict criteria for experience, integrity and commitment to delivering effective business solutions. All our Accredited Partners have a thorough knowledge of Triumph ERP as well as accounting qualifications and skills. They are best placed to help you because they understand your business, how the software was installed and setup, and the network/hardware environment it’s running on. Triumph Accredited Partners have accounting expertise, a great depth of product knowledge and can:
- demonstrate, install, set up and support the product for you.
- train you in every detail.
- provide additional services such as report writing and bookkeeping.
If you’re on a Monthly Software Plan, then there’s no additional fees and you are automatically covered for software maintenance. If you purchased a license outright, then after the first 3 months there is a Software Maintenance fee. After this period maintenance is charged at 20% p.a. on the value of the software and may be paid monthly, quarterly or yearly. NB: Software Maintenance covers: Major version changes, minor program updates, statutory changes, enhancements, program fixes, submission of enhancement requests, and regular newsletters keeping you informed on the product. Most importantly, it enables you to keep your system up to date.
Cloud Monthly Software Costs
Under the Triumph Cloud service, a Monthly Software Plan is offered with a minimum 12 month period. After this time you can;
- renew for a further 12 months.
- purchase the software outright (a credit against the purchase of 50% of what you have paid, on up to your last two year’s Monthly Software Plan, will be given) or
- cease using the software for trading purposes (enquiry and reporting still permitted).
Support is provided by the Triumph Accredited Partner you purchased the package from. All our Accredited Partners have a thorough knowledge of Triumph ERP as well as accounting qualifications and skills, however if they’re unable to resolve your issue themselves then they will enlist our help as the Australian designer and manufacturer of Triumph ERP software.
Triumph Accredited Partner are best placed to help you because they understand your business, how the software was installed and setup, and the network/hardware environment it’s running on. Triumph Accredited Partners have accounting expertise, a great depth of product knowledge and can:
- demonstrate, install, set up and support the product for you.
- train you in every detail.
- provide additional services such as report writing and bookkeeping.
It is a testament to the flexibility, power and reliability of Triumph that our uses range from single store operators to large publicly listed national and international companies. As your business grows not only can you seamlessly add on additional modules, as and when required, you can also add additional users one at a time. There are also a large number of powerful features within each module that you can enable when the business requires. For example some of the features you can turn on in Debtors include: Settlement Discounts, Retention, Parent/Children Accounts, Sales Alerts, Delivery Addresses, Multiple Control Accounts, and Financial Charges etc.
Triumph’s price is determined by the number of concurrent logins/users you need and the required combination of modules and sub-modules to drive your business. Contact us for an obligation free quote. Or visit our
Yes, depending on your requirements Triumph has two ways of handling this. The first is Multi-Location Stock, which allows the handling of stock to be split across any number of locations or stores. In this way sales and cost of goods sold are recorded against a store, purchases can be done at the store level or at the head office/warehouse and transferred out or between the stores. At any point, you can instantly see the stock quantities at all the stores, even from Point of Sale.
Multi-Division is the other way of doing this. It is more encompassing than Multi-Location Stock, in that it applies to all modules, not just Inventory. For example, each division/branch has its own chart of accounts. Automatic loan journals, to individual loan accounts, are made between divisions to keep them in balance. Access to different divisions is restricted and consolidated reports can be produced from head office. Likewise BAS, reports can be produced individually or consolidated based on the divisions ABN. Sub-ledger accounts, like those in Debtors, Creditors and Job Costing, can be locked to a particular division or be available as a corporate account. This powerful module effectively allows you to run multiple autonomous business entities in the one database. For remote stores/branches we recommend Microsoft Windows Terminal Services.
Yes. Although Triumph is predominantly a Windows based application, a number of the more “Mass Consumption” type functions have a web interface. These include our B2B eCommerce Module, Agents Consignment Stock, Web Requisitions Module and Web Timesheet Entry. These web interfaces are directly and securely linked to the back end financial system. This means that all the business rules on the back end are the same on the front end. More importantly it means that the web interface is always a direct reflection of the data on the back end.
- B2B eCommerce – allows your customers, in a secure way, to enquire on stock, create orders and quotes online, check the status of outstanding orders, reprint invoices and statements, and enquire on their account in general.
- Web Requisitions – allow engineers and technicians to requisition parts and equipment while working remotely on jobs. The web interface allows this to be done 24/7 and from anywhere. For security purposes these requisitions must be approved before the parts are shipped.
- Agents Consignment Stock – Enables companies to easily manage stock they have consigned to agents. It allows you to know precisely what stock you have with what agents and what the value of this stock is. This is all done through a clean, easy to use, web interface that is directly connected to Triumph; empowering your agents to be more involved and directly connected to your company.
- Web Timesheet Entry – allows any number of employees to record their weekly, job related, timesheets online. Not only is this a much more efficient way of capturing time, it is also more accurate. Ideal for companies in the consulting and services industry. N.B. Not yet released.
- Mobile Scanning – Mobile Ordering, Paperless Picking, Mobile Sales & Ordering.
- Seamless integration with Starshipit “Australia’s most trusted integrated shipping and tracking software”. Starshipit will automatically work out who best to send the goods with, and at the best possible price. It will allow you to print the delivery labels and manifest, and at the same time update the Sales Orders in Triumph with the actual freight company and consignment note number. This will save you money, make them more efficient and professional, and allows your business to grow.
- Online credit card processing In this online age, we now have the ability to take credit card payments over the phone without an EFTPOS reader. The credit card details are entered in Triumph and processed online, with an immediate response from you bank verifying if the payment is accepted or not.
- SMS product pickup notifications Automatically SMS customers when goods have arrived instore and are ready for collection. Powerful templates allow you to fully customise the messages being send. Including a template for an order that is complete, a partial order pickup, and a partial order that is now complete. Making you more efficient and professional to your customers.
Yes. Triumph ERP uses Crystal Reports as the main reporting tool. Crystal is arguably the world’s most widely used desktop report writer. Before you can customise a report you will need the Crystal Designer. Alternatively, reports can be customised by your Triumph Accredited Partner on your behalf. New reports can also be created from scratch and simply added to Triumph ERP’s menu security system.
Yes. Basically everything that Triumph ERP offers has come at some stage from the suggestions of our customers. If it is something that will enhance the package, and it’s not a unique one-off feature, then we will consider your suggestions. Based on priority and demand each new version is packed with user driven enhancements. We are also happy to provide quotations for guaranteed changes, subject to suitability. In addition to this many 3rd party programs have been written for and interface with Triumph ERP. This is possible because the structure of our database is open, i.e. we publish a Database Schema, and the availability of an ODBC link. ODBC is a Microsoft acronym for Open Data Base Connectivity. It basically allows any Windows ODBC compliant program to connect directly to your data source, e.g. Excel, Access, Word etc. Crystal Reports is the world’s most popular database reporting too. It is compatible with Triumph ERP. It allows you to produce superb looking management reports with colours, logo’s and graphs. Its integration with Triumph makes customising invoice layouts and standard reports a breeze. The CONNX ODBC driver is what you need to get direct access to your financial information from another Windows based management application like Excel, MS Access and other .NET applications. Contact Triumph for further details.
A major new version of Triumph ERP is released approximately every 12 – 18 months. Customers with Software Maintenance cover or a Monthly Software Plan are entitled to a copy of the latest version for free. Minor updates for small enhancements and bug fixes are available on a regular basis, as a cumulative update, from our web site.
With Triumph ERP you have the ability to process credit card payment in Triumph without using an EFTPOS reader. This is extremely handy when taking orders over the phone, or a customer is paying their account over the phone by credit card. The same technology is used in both the main Triumph program, as well as in eCommerce, where customers can also pay their accounts online.
Before you can take online payments, you will need a suitable online merchant account with an acquiring bank. We support merchant facilities based on MIGS (Mastercard Internet Gateway Services), MPGS (Mastercard Payment Gateway Services) and PayWay by Westpac. Most major banks in Australia work with one of these three services. The advantage of this is, rather than using a 3rd party payment gateway provider, you deal directly with the bank, thus reducing the cost of payment processing.
Yes, Triumph ERP is 100% Australian owned and developed. Triumph ERP was developed from the ground up by Triumph Business Systems Pty Ltd more than 30 years ago. The same company has continuously owned and developed this world class product over this period.
Triumph Business Systems Pty Ltd has been developing, marketing and distributing our world class flagship product, Triumph ERP, since 1989.
Yes, using Microsoft Remote Desktop application from the Mac App Store. This connects to a Windows Server running Terminals Services where Triumph ERP has been installed and runs. Working with Triumph ERP can be as seamless an icon on your desktop.
Triumph ERP is a Microsoft Windows application designed to run under professional editions, or higher, of Windows 10 and Windows Server. Five users and above it is recommended the database component should be installed on a Windows Server such as Windows Server 2016/19, or later editions. Triumph ERP is also supported under Windows Terminal Services and Citrix. 64 bit Windows and server operating systems are fully supported. Triumph has a very light footprint so it will work fine on relatively modest hardware configurations. Anything that is rated as a business machine for the above operating systems, and number of users, would be fine. A minimum network speed of 100MB is required with 1GB network speed recommended.