Electronic Data Interchange
Leave paper behind and enjoy major benefits such as reduced cost, increased processing speed, reduced errors and improved relationships thanks to EDI
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the computer-to-computer exchange of business documents in a standard electronic format between business partners. As a computer-to-computer exchange it replaces postal mail, fax and email.
Many business documents can be exchanged using EDI, and the most common are purchase orders and invoices. At a minimum, EDI replaces the mail preparation and handling associated with traditional business communication. However, the real power of EDI is that it standardises the information communicated in business documents, which makes possible a “paperless” exchange.
Because EDI documents must be processed by computers rather than humans, a standard format must be used so that the computer will be able to read and understand the documents. When two businesses decide to exchange EDI documents, they must agree on the specific EDI standard and a version and Triumph ERP software is right there by your side.
Without EDI, the process looks like this
The EDI process looks like this — no paper, no people involved:
Benefits of Using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Fast, streamlined business processes mean that documents can be exchanged in minutes.
- Improved accuracy with manual data entry errors instantly eliminated.
- Receive confirmation that your documents have arrived safely.
- Cut the cost of printing, copying, filing, storage and postage, and of repetitive labour intensive tasks, administration and disputes caused by data entry errors.
- Everything happens in real-time – informing and speeding up business decisions and response times.
- Become part of a connected trading community and can build more productive relationships with suppliers and customers alike.
- Improved cash flow – payment schedules are shorter and more reliable.
- Have the flexibility to integrate your EDI system with your back-office accounts, warehouse for greater business efficiency.
Australian developed Triumph ERP Software works successfully with many successful Australian companies that benefit from Electronic Data Interchange. EDI documents are in operation in many organisations, including:
- Spotless Group Holdings
- POS Solutions
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is important to both large and small business. Manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, utility and construction companies are good examples of EDI clients.
Discover how to enjoy major benefits such as reduced cost, increased processing speed, reduced errors and improved relationships with your business partners.
Simply start with the Standard Base Pack, consisting of 6 modules, then add one or more of the remaining 36 fully integrated modules that are relevant to your business needs.