With Crystal Reports, you can easily deliver rich, interactive content from virtually any data source, publish it to the Web in a variety of formats and integrate it with applications. Crystal Reports is part of a suite of integrated technologies that ensure data can be accessed, analysed, reported on and delivered to any stakeholder anytime, anywhere, by any device.
Powerful Content Creation
Wide variety of report types. Create virtually any report you can imagine including sub-reports, conditional summary, cross-tag, form,drill down, OLAP, Top N, multiple details, mailing labels.
Fast and easy report creation. Powerful wizards, experts and build-in functionality help novice and expert users users quickly assemble highly interactive reports. Customise your reports with logos, pictures, shapes and colours. An extensive formula language gives developers full control over report formatting, complex business logic and data selection.
Microsoft Office Integration. Crystal Reports Add-ins for Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access make reporting from Office data a snap.
Interactive. Add charts, drill-down, alerting, parameter prompts, hyperlinks, geographic mapping, field highlighting, running totals, Top N, Bottom N, sorting to turn reports into compelling, interactive content.
Complex reports made easy. Address complex reporting requirements with expert-driven features including grouping, sorting, sub-reports and cross-tabs, or use the powerful formula editor.
Flexible information distribution. Publish reports to a variety of formats including XML, PDF,DHTML, RTF, Word, Excel, text and email.
High performance report processing. Comprehensive support for SQL database servers enables faster report processing and better use of network resources.
Flexible Developer Tools
Crystal Reports provides powerful reporting technology** for web and Windows® developers, and you don’t have to learn a proprietary programming language to get results!
- Unprecedented flexibility and control. The Report Designer Component (RDC) provides Visual Basic®, C++ and other COM-based developers a powerful report server with a rich object model with complete control over report layout, formatting and behaviour inside database applications.
- Rapid application development. With the RDC, you can open, design and, modify reports inside the Visual Basic IDE using familiar Visual Basic code. Microsoft Visual InterDev® 6.0 developers can write ASP applications with integrated Crystal Reports using the same object model used in Win 32 applications. And developers using Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 can use the Report Integration Controls to write web applications and generate Crystal Reports hosted either on a Web Report Server or an ASP Server.
- Royalty-free runtime. Access hundreds of royalty-free runtime properties, methods and events for unprecedented control over the reporting engine.
- Report creation at runtime. Let your users create reports – on the fly – from within your application, using report creation at runtime APIs or the drag-and-drop interface of the Embeddable Crystal Report Designer Control. Licensing fees apply.
- Easy data access. Connect to over 30 different types of OLAP, SQL and PC databases using supported native, ODBC and OLE DB connectivity. Or report off in-memory application data.
- Customizable viewers. Customize the zero-client DHTML, ActiveX or Java viewer to deliver rich, interactive content from applications.